Saturday 21 January 2012

Krautmeister

Today I uploaded another pattern onto Ravelry, Kraut . I wouldn't normally blog about this, but I then I don't normally blog about ANYTHING, it seems. Time to change that, still early enough in the new year to make an effort, right ?

Funnily enough, I have been called many thinks since I moved to London (all in jest and jolly good fun, I assume...), but Kraut wasn't one of them, probably more of an American thing, I guess ? Anyway, I liked the bluntness of the word, and the sock was designed for the January challenge in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group, which was Flora or Fauna themed. Predictably, there are lots of socks with pretty flowers and butterflies being knitted, and they are all beautiful, don't get me wrong, but just not for me.








I was briefly toying with a cockroach sock, but I had this eye-searingly bright green yet to use up, so this was a natural match, and over all, I am quite happy with my (un)kraut.

5 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your Dither pattern on Ravelry. I love your patterns, including this newest one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cockroach sock sounds like a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please design a cockroach sock! My 5yo would LOVE that!!! He carries around 2 plastic cockroaches to scare people!

      Delete
  3. Flora and fauna theme... Kraut means herb, right?
    I just landed here by accident -sounds like misfortune, but it was FORTUNATE of course, I LOOOve your socks, I have just UNDERSTOOD the turning of a heel so I'm all bubbly with sweet a-haa feeling. I have made a sock or two before, but just mechanically followed the instructions and well, yes, they were socks but IT didn't happen until very recently.

    Hopeto be back very soon.

    Very best wishes
    Anna

    ReplyDelete