Tuesday 29 September 2009

The joy of sox

I have taken this one with my phone, hence the abominable quality, just to illustrate that I am mainly into knitting at the moment, and the embroidery is taking a well deserved rest.



They are self-striped, with half the skein re-wound into an extra ball. I tried using one strand from the outside with one strand from the inside, but because of the repeat, I ended up striping at least two colours onto themselves, which didn't look great. The fact that one of these colours was sludge didn help, either...
Wasn't keen on the variation of thickness in the yarn, and they look a bit scratchy and rustic. I wish you could get the colours on a quality like Regia...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i didnt know how to contact you but i'll try here. I am knitting the pucker sock pattern atm, but doesnt understand the part after the heel. I didnt understand where to decrease and how to intersect the pattern again. I would really appreciate ur help! Note, not native english speaker�� u can contact me via email: ophelia.almqvist@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete