Saturday 14 March 2015

Boom !

I have been on a mission to de-clutter my life lately - not so much the worthy, esoteric kind of emotional de-cluttering, but simply getting rid of things that take up space. Now I don't exactly live in the kind of rambling mansion that runs to attics and cellars filled with generations worth of hand-me-downs and heirlooms, and I am generally quite good with throwing things out - no hoarding issues here, thank you very much. But like anyone who makes things, be it as a hobby or a career, I have started to accumulate projects in various stages between 'just needs finishing off' and 'gotta start that one day', so I have made a vow to tackle these one by one, and only start something new once something old has been ticked off my list.

Since my interests are varied enough this should be ok, as I can flit between knitting, embroidery, sewing etc etc, which is handy as I get bored easily. More to the point, though, I hope that this will finally give me more of an impetus to document my work more regularly.

On that happy and optimistic thought I shall leave you with a small piece I made a few years ago and that re-surfaced during the cleaning / de-cluttering rampage. It is based on the work of art collective eboy , and in case you were worried, it has already been re-homed to Hackney...


5 comments:

  1. Oh, please do post more often! Lots of fascinating thoughts and things here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you on ravelry! I LOVE your socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for clarification on Slippery Slope Socks pattern, row 11 of the leg chart. Can you steer me somewhere I can find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,
      you need to slip the first stitch of the round onto the end of needle 2, then when you come to the end of that needle you perform the cable with the two last stitches. the leftmost of these two needs to go back onto needle1 and become the first stitch of the round. It's the same process you perform whenever a cable crosses the border between rounds. Find me on ravelry if you are still having probems.

      Delete
    2. This helps! Thanks so much! Love the pattern, will love the socks. :-)

      Delete